- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location Sussex
- Salary Negotiable depending on experience
- Closes 14 Dec 2017
- Ref TZ07
- Sector Local Authority
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Permanent
Home to some of the UK’s most historic and beautiful churches and buildings, this is an amazing opportunity for an experience planner to come on board and join a bustling local authority.
You will play a pivotal role managing a vibrant Development Management Service.
This will also include monitoring performance, development and implementation of service improvement initiatives to enhance the operational efficiency of the development management service and ensure applications are processed with statutory time frames.
Additional duties also encompass processing complex development applications, appeals and allocating workloads.
• Manage a team of up to 8 Planners
• Deal with complex planning issues
• Liaise with key stakeholders such as neighbouring authorities and county councils
• Implement change, process and service reviews
• Represent council at committee and public enquires when necessary
• Conduct member briefings
• Manage complex major applications
• Provide managerial support
• Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications through the planning system.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Tzenat Abraham at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5877 or email firstname.lastname@example.org