- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location London
- Salary £23 to £26 per hr Umbrella Co
- Closes 19 Feb 2018
- Sector Local Authority
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Contract
An outstanding opportunity has arisen at one of London’s most prestigious and vibrant London Borough Councils for a Planning Officer.
Working in a prime location at the center of major development and urban renewal, you will be primarily responsible for managing a case load of minor to medium applications minor to medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
In addition you have acquired existing experience managing and processing a caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or email@example.com.