- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location London (Central), London (Greater)
- Salary £22.00 to £23.00 per hr Umbrella Company
- Closes 18 May 2018
- Sector Local Authority
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Contract
A rare and exceptional opportunity has arisen for a Planning Officer in one of London’s most sought after borough councils.
Located in one of capital’s most prestigious areas with a reputation for innovative development, you will manage a diverse caseload in prime residential locations, picturesque conservation areas in conjunction with busy commercial districts.
Core responsibilities will include processing a minor to medium applications including residential extensions, small scale change of use, mixed use, infill housing, new build, commercial advertisements and listed building consents.
- Managing a caseload of minor to medium planning applications within statutory time frames
- Validation of planning applications
- Provision of paid pre-application advice to developers, architects and external consultants
- Conduct duty planning
- Coordinate and attend site visits
- Prepare detailed committee reports
- Negotiate finalize and discharge conditions
- Coordinate appeals
- Advise planning enforcement teams about retrospective planning approval and variation to conditions
Successful candidates will have a degree in Town & Country planning or an affiliated subject with practical experience as a Development Control Officer in the UK or overseas.
You will have an aptitude for processing a mixed caseload of minor to medium applications with good communication and report writing skills.
For further details please contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on either 0207 318 5263 or email@example.com