- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location London
- Salary £40 per hr Umbrella Company
- Closes 19 Feb 2018
- Sector Local Authority
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Contract
An outstanding opportunity has arisen for a Principal Strategic Major Applications Planner at one of London’s leading borough council renowned for delivering innovative planning solutions cutting edge development.
Located in a prime regeneration area, this role will provide an unprecedented opportunity to deliver highly original new development through the planning system such as multi-storey towers, modular buildings, new stadia and estate regeneration schemes.
You will play a pivotal role coordinating PPA agreements and managing a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications in high profile growth and regeneration areas.
In addition you will liaise with prestigious institutions such as the GLA as well as leading developers, architects and planning consultants etc.
Key responsibilities include;
- Manage and process a caseload of large scale major and strategic applications consisting of residential led mixed use, tall buildings, community infrastructure, and commercial developments etc.
- Facilitate close liaison with major developers, architects and external consultants through paid pre-application meetings.
- Negotiate complex S106 agreements in conjunction with discharging conditions and finalising reserved matters.
- Draft detailed delegated reports and present at committee
- Conduct member briefings, engage with regeneration teams and consult with local community groups
- Liaise and work closely with external bodies including the GLA and TFL etc.
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Management with proven track record processing large scale major applications through the planning system.
Applicants must have a degree in Town & Country Planning and excellent written and communication skills as well an aptitude for dealing with complex planning issues and applications.
For further details, please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright at Macdonald & Company on 0207 318 5263 or email email@example.com.