- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location Lancashire
- Salary Negotiable
- Closes 16 Dec 2017
- Ref AALA
- Sector Local Authority
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Contract
I’m currently working with a Local Planning Authority in Lancashire who requires a Senior Planning Officer to play a pivotal role working on a large infrastructure project.
The length of this contract will be 12 months with a view to being extended further. You will be responsible for all Planning aspects related to the infrastructure project, as well as liaising with external bodies such as the county council.
Additionally, you would be responsible for establishing and developing effective working relationships with all service stakeholders in identifying their needs in relation to the proposed project, and representing them appropriately.
Additional duties include
• Lead on a major infrastructure application
• Develop effective working relationships with all service stakeholders
• Produce reports and bidding documents to appropriate timescales, and ensuring their accuracy.
• Ensuring that high standards of development are achieved
• Assist when required, in developing policy as part of the Local Plan
• Furthermore, you will draft detailed committee reports and conduct member briefings that will be supplemented by engaging with local community groups and the county council in relation to the provision of supporting infrastructure.
Successful candidates will have acquired practical experience as a Senior or Principal Planner in Development Control, with a proven track record of processing major and complex applications.
If you would like further information about this role or to talk about other opportunities in the North West, please don’t hesitate to contact me on 020 7318 5864 or alternatively by email firstname.lastname@example.org.