- Recruiter Macdonald & Company
- Location London
- Salary £38,000 to £45,000 per annum plus bens and bonus
- Closes 19 Feb 2018
- Sector Consultancy, close work with local authorities
- Hours Full Time
- Contract Type Permanent
An unique opportunity has arisen for a Senior Planning Consultant at a rapidly expanding Planning Consultancy that has strong commitment to the delivery sustainable urbanism.
Located in a prime central London location you will play a pivotal role working with a prestigious client base and assisting the Planning Director with a variety of instructions that include large scale schemes encompassing urban extensions, new towns, sports stadia and educational facilities.
As a key figure within the team you will promote strategic sites to facilitate the delivery of sustainable new town development and urban extensions for inclusion within various Local Plans across the UK.
This will require close collaboration with local authorities and their respective planning policy teams to generate support for these sites and progress Local Plan and Area Based Development Plan Documents.
Moreover you will review and analyse emerging Local Plans and their implications for development and land assets of your clients in conjunction identifying areas of opportunity.
Key components of this post also encompass;
- Preparation and submission of planning applications,
- Review and analysis of emerging Local Plans
- Promotion of Strategic Sites through Locals Plans
- Conduct site appraisals
- Draft written policy representations and producing planning statements.
- Build robust relationships with local authority planning officers to support and encourage the inclusion of strategic sites within respective Local Plans
- Assist with complex appeals, researching site histories and assisting with comprehensive stake holder and community consultation exercises.
If you have natural enthusiasm and interest in dealing with large scale major development projects and complex planning issues, this is certainly worth exploring!
Successful candidates will have degree in Town & Country Planning or affiliated subject, preferably with a minimum of three years post qualification planning experience.
Ideally you will come from a public sector background having worked on the development and delivery of Local Plans either as a Policy of Senior Policy Planner.
In addition you will have a practical knowledge and experience with drafting or amending Local Plan documents as well as SPD’s and Area Based Development Plan Documents.
The successful candidate will be a member of the RTPI or in the process of attaining chartered Town Planner status.
Finally you will have good written and verbal communication skills with a natural drive and enthusiasm for Town Planning.
For further details please feel free to contact Jeremy Wright using 02073185263 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.