Are you team lacking motivation in developing their local plan? Have you hit an obstacle to policy development? Is engagement with internal colleagues tricky or is it taking forever to bring forward the plan?
This one-day workshop delivered in house is aimed at local plan teams at any stage of their local plan making process to improve the quality of plans and minimise the risks of challenge in examinations, help you speed up the process of the delivering the plan and communicate to members corporate leads critical plan issues.
Tailored to the plan making stage and local context it provides an opportunity for local plan teams to:
- Ensure team members are on the same page and have shared objectives for plan making outcomes and process to get there– taking into account soundness tests and best practice guidance.
- Communicating and distilling the key local plan messages Assess the individual and collective strengths or the team and how this can be applied to best effect in delivering the plan.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation actions specific to the local context.
- Develop approaches engage effectively with other departments within the council and local stakeholders.
- Consider how realistic their timetable is and develop ways to stay on track with this
A fast-paced course uses a variety of teaching methods including multimedia components and tasks in individuals, pairs and as a whole group. Your team should go away both challenged and encouraged to deliver the best plan they can for your authority
Course trainer/ facilitator:
This course is facilitated by Citiesmodes’ Sara Dilmamode MRTPI or an appropriately qualified member of the Citiesmode training network with experience of local plan policy development. All Citiesmode LPA course facilitators are chartered town Planners and have at least 10 years experienced in delivering or managing planning functions including within a local authority setting. For this course, facilitators will also have experience of researching or developing best practices approaches to plan making and of local plan examinations in public.
- This course is delivered in house at the local authority for up to 10 participants. All materials for the workshop are supplied by Citiesmode.
- Before the workshops we will also review existing or draft plans, published information on housing need, the latest authority monitoring report supplemented by any other necessary research to understand the local context. This is followed by a 45-minute consultation call or meeting with the lead contact/ manager to help design the workshop.
- After the workshop, we will provide a report capturing key discussion points and outcomes of the workshop along with any recommendations for the lead contact/ manager based on the workshop and our review of any draft. Where necessary this will also be supplemented by a telephone call to provide any further reflections.
£1,475 + VAT
Sign up to express your interest course in this below: