Are you or one or your team new to managing or delivering Section 106 and CIL administration and monitoring? Do your Section 106 or CIL processes need a revamp? Is your authority struggling to recruit or retain Section 106 or CIL officers?
This one-day workshop delivered in house is aimed at officers working on Section 106 and or the Community Infrastructure Levy. Aimed at helping improve the quality and efficiency of your processes and
Tailored to the specific requirements of your authority and the experience and knowledge level of the team this course provides an opportunity to:
- Ensure team members understand the CIL and Section 106 legal and policy context
- Calculate a CIL ‘charge’ and the understand the main stages of the CIL process including applications for relief from payment of CIL
- Review real section 106 agreements and consider how each clause of the agreement should be monitored
- Test their understanding of CIL and Section 106
- Look at each step of the existing CIL or Section 106 process and identify areas for gap or areas for improvement*
- Learn about and develop approaches to encourage compliance and develop skills to manage personal wellbeing
A fast-paced course using a variety of teaching methods including multimedia components and tasks in individuals, pairs and as a whole group, your team should go away both challenged and encouraged.
Course trainer/ facilitator:
This course is facilitated Sara Dilmamode MRTPI or an appropriately qualified member of the Citiesmode training network . All Citiesmode LPA course facilitators are chartered town Planners and have at least 10 years experienced in delivering or managing planning functions including within a local authority setting. For this course, facilitators will also have experience of researching or developing CIL and Section 106 policies and processes.
- This course is delivered in house at the local authority for up to 10 participants. All materials for the workshop are supplied by Citiesmode.
- Before the workshops we will also review existing or supplementary planning documents, charging schedules and or process notes supplemented by any other necessary research to understand the local context. This is followed by a 45-minute consultation call or meeting with the lead contact/ manager to design the workshop.
- After the workshop, we will provide a report capturing the key discussion points and outcomes of the workshop with any recommendations for the lead contact/ manager. Where necessary this will also be supplemented by a telephone call to provide any further reflections.
This course cost £1,475 + VAT
* You may also want to add on a rapid review audit of ‘health’ of existing Section 106 and CIL systems (which is costed separately)
Sign up to express your interest course in this below: